[rt-users] BUG: Corrupted binary attachments [was: RT-3.0.0 & PDF attachments]

Jo Meder jo at meder.de
Fri Apr 11 16:06:16 EDT 2003

Am 10.04.2003, 16:04 Uhr
	schräb Jo Meder <jo at meder.de>:

> Am 10.04.2003, 08:38 Uhr
> 	schrieb Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>:
>
> > Can you poke at the database to see if it's correct as stored in the
> > database? (Is it being corrupted on input or output)
>
> Additional info: The same data corruption happens if I insert a
> comment to an existing ticket and attach a file via the web interface.

Ok, after some looking around it is rather obvious that with our setup
here it seems like binary attachments get converted to utf-8 although
they're marked as "application/octet-stream" or "image/gif" or whatever.

So after some digging around I came upon the following kludge to solve
the problem at least for now. You can try this if you don't care about
utf-8 encoded text parts of emails.

In RT_Config.pm change:
@EmailInputEncodings = qw(iso-8859-1 utf-8 us-ascii);

Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1');

This is strictly "works for me", so you'd better check if it doesn't
break anything else in other setups.

	Jo.

--
Internetmanufaktur Jo Meder ---------------------- Berlin, Germany