[rt-users] Protecting RT

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmx.net
Sun Apr 13 16:16:47 EDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 09:43:27AM +0300, ODHIAMBO Washington wrote:
> Actually, at some point I used to get mails saying "RT believes the following
> message is a bounce.."
> I haven't changed my RT much except add some contrib scrips.
>
> The remote system here is M$ Exchange. I don't know is that would explain anything
> but I'd still appreciate some pinpointing on what to check exactly.

The three functions - CheckForLoops, CheckForSuspiciousSender and
CheckForAutoGenerated in Interface/Email.pm perform these checks
in RT 2.0.15. From what I figure from the code, they check for
X-RT-Loop-Prevention, postmaster/mailer-daemon address, and Precedence:
bulk/junk respectively in the headers.

Your bounces trigger loop checks.

Personally, RT behind spamassassin is all the check I have needed so far -
with MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE bumped up.

Binand