[rt-users] crazy sql during "reply" action

Philip Warner pjw at rhyme.com.au
Mon Apr 14 01:48:25 EDT 2003

At 01:08 AM 14/04/2003 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > I ran vacuum full just before attempting the query.  It took 15 almost
> > exactly 15 minutes from the moment I clicked "Reply" until the page had
> > finished loading.  Postgres took about 13:53 in cpu time to complete the
> > query.

You might like to try the following in postgresql.conf:

     log_statement = true
     log_timestamp = true

If you can't find log_timestamp or log_statement, then your version of Pg
may be too old.

Once edited, send a HUP to the postmaster, and the log file should start
filling up.

Retry the long 'refresh', and see what it is doing. If there is one bad
query, you will see it reflected in the timestamps.

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|