[rt-users] rt3 with oracle

Brook Schofield B.Schofield at griffith.edu.au
Thu Apr 17 01:47:25 EDT 2003

At 07:18 AM 17/04/2003 +0200, Oliver Simon wrote:
>Has anyone of you experienced running rt3 on an oracle database ?
>We had several problems getting rt2 running on oracle and gave then. Now we
>have the 2.0.15 on mysql.
>While thinking about an update, the discussion to try it again with an oracle
>db came up again, but I found less information in the manual of rt3 than in
>rt2 ... !?
>Has anyone of you experienced this ?

Oliver,
         I'm working on RT on Oracle. At this point in time we have
DBIx::SearchBuilder-0.81_04 working with it with little/no problems. The
current issues that I am having are all RT specific - namely the data that
is being passed to Oracle is violating the table spec for the Groups
tables. Basically RT is passing me some information which ends up being
undefined and as such the 'make initialize-database' process fails when
creating the system user.

For some reason I haven't thought of changing the schema for that table and
just trying to get the import working - but I'm making slow/steady progress
hunting down the problem.

I'll be out of action for a fortnight but hope to continue plugging away at
the RT/Oracle issue.

I've previously promised patches for the updated install process (and
failed to deliver - as I'm slack at the moment - RT wise) which I'll
attempt to package up RSN and email to the list before I disappear. Most of
my communication is on the RT-DEVEL list thought - so you won't see it
posted here.

-Brook

=    _/  _/ _/  _/ _/  _/ _/  _/ _/ _/   B.Schofield at griffith.edu.au    =
=   _/_/   _/_/_/ _/  _/ _/  _/ _/_/     Ph: +61 7 387 53779 - WCN 0.28 =
=  _/  _/ _/ _/  _/  _/ _/  _/ _/ _/     Directory Services Integration =
= _/_/_/ _/  _/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/  _/     Griffith University QLD 4111   =