[rt-users] SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase Broken in RT3?

Jeff Hoover jeff.hoover at infotechfl.com
Fri Apr 18 11:18:26 EDT 2003

I am using rt 3.0.1 on Redhat 7.3 with the following in RT_SiteConfig:

Set($LookupSenderInExternalDatabase, 1);
Set($SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase , 1);
Set($WebExternalAuth , 1);
Set($WebExternalGecos , 1);
Set($WebExternalAuto , 1);

I modified the LookupExternalUserInfo subroutine in lib\RT\EmailParser.pm
to work with my LDAP server.  I can login through the web and everything
works fine.

I only want LDAP users to be able to create tickets via web or
email.  Problem is, any address has an account created when I request a
ticket via email.  I thought the point of SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase
was to prevent this from happening.  I do NOT have CreateTicket privileges
set to everyone.

Does anyone else have this working in RT 3.0.1?  Any suggestions for what I
am doing wrong?

Further investigation in lib\RT\EmailParser.pm shows the following
statement in the GetCurrentUser sub:

	if ( $RT::SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase &&
!$UserFoundInExternalDatabase ) {

If changed to:

	if ( $RT::SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase ) {

accounts are still being created.

Confused,
Jeff