[rt-users] ldap authentication for RT?

Amanda Tunison amanda.tunison at SONOMA.EDU
Mon Apr 21 18:58:19 EDT 2003

Hello

I'm a newbie with RT, so please be gentle with me.  :-)

I have RT3 installed and running on a test server.  I've been creating
users from within RT, but I'd like to use our existing LDAP server
instead to authenticate RT users, for both self-serve access and
helpdesk staff.   I see that the features page says "RT can use your
web server's existing authentication system" but I'm not finding
information about how to do this in the manual.  Am I correct in
thinking that using the LDAP authentication in the web server is the
way to manage this, or is there a better way?

Can someone please point me to the information on how to tell RT to
either check LDAP use the web server's authentication so I can drop in
the LDAP authentication there?

Amanda
---
Amanda Tunison