[rt-users] RT 3.0 Speed

Dean Kao nouveaux at lightconsulting.com
Wed Apr 23 14:42:05 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 12:33:00PM +0800, Autrijus Tang developed
a new theory of relativity and:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 03:30:07PM -0700, Dean Kao wrote:
> > Mason 1.16
>
> IIRC, there is some performance boost during 1.16 to 1.19.
>
> > perl 5.6.1
>
> Ditto for perl 5.8.0.

I upgraded Mason to 1.19 and I'm still seeing 2x in speed from
RT 2.0 to 3.0, and this probably makes sense cause both version
probably benefit from any speed increases.

I'm hesitant on upgrading perl unless someone else has seen
an order of magnitude of speed increase from upgrading to perl
5.8.0.

I think I'm going to look into caching hack for QuickSearch.

Dean