[rt-users] Two installations (404 on /index.html)

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Sat Apr 26 18:08:53 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup two installations of RT.
So far, I successfully set one up from FreeBSD port into /usr/local/rt2.

To setup another installation, I tried the following:
- install from the tarball (rt-2-0-15.tar.gz), configuring the
Makefile to use another DB and path.
- copy FreeBSD patched version, changed the makefile and try to rebuild
- copy FreeBSD's directory directly with the permissions.

The three approaches failed. In each case, I get a 404 on
/index.html. Still, the file is there. The Apache virtual host
settings are exactly the same except for the two paths (DocumentRoot
and PerlRequire). Apache can access the file because I get a 404 on
/index.html even if I try to access /; if I move the file and I
enable Indexes, I can see the content of the directory; I can also
access other subdirectories.

I read the FAQ about 404 but I don't use aliases.

I made a diff on both config.pm files and everything seems correct.
Everywhere I had /usr/local/rt2, I now have /home/paul/rt2. The other
difference is the user (but I tried to install the second instance
with exactly the same rights/owners)  and the database stuff. There
is no Apache specific settings for /usr/local or for /home/paul.

I can access the main installation if I set the paths to be the ones
of the main installation (/usr/local/rt2/ etc.). In fact, I can
access the main installation even if I set the DocumentRoot only.

Any idea?

Paul
--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/