[rt-users] New tickets being emailed to random people

Owen B. Mehegan omehegan at perseus.com
Sat Apr 26 22:58:00 EDT 2003

I have the AutoAssign scrip working, and suspect it may be part of this
problem.

I have several queues that are set up to autoassign every new ticket to
me and only me. This works fine; a new ticket is created and I become
the owner. However, for some weird reason the first emails from RT to
inform me about the ticket also invariably go to one of three people who
are autoassigned tickets from two other queues. The tickets do not get
assigned to them, they just seem to get cc'd on the first emails. Even
weirder, my name appears in the "to" field repeatedly in these cases.
For example:

----
           From:
RT
<desktops at mis.perseus.net>
             To:
omehegan at perseus.com, omehegan at perseus.com, omehegan at perseus.com,
omehegan at perseus.com, omehegan at perseus.com, omehegan at perseus.com
        Subject:
[perseus.net #122]
Need Norton
Install on Desktop
at some point
           Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003
16:20:27 -0500

Thu Mar 27 16:20:23 2003: Request 122 was acted upon.
Transaction: Ticket created by bclaydon
       Queue: Desktops