[rt-users] Allowing a 'group' of customers to see certain tickets in a queue

Jim Goss jgoss1074 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 12:38:16 EDT 2003

I would really like to see this as well.  There is no
clean way to do it - though someone once sent me a
patch they had whipped up to achieve similar
functionality.  Some other things to do:

 * Create a separate queue for each user then give
them rights to see all tickets in that queue
    - I don't like this but may consider it when I
apply a previous change someone else provided a while
ago to remove the Configuration tab from the menu of
privileged users.
    - I don't want customers to even be able to see
the config or other customer names, etc.

 * Write a custom scrip to keep track of which users
are part of which groups, then when a request comes
from a user in a given group, assign other members of
that group to the ticket as requestors as well.
    - I haven't done this since I don't know how
custom scrips are written in 3.0 and am not a major
perl guy to figure out how to do it on my own.

Jim