[rt-users] RT 3.0.1 password change does not work

P P Anwar anwar at familyfoodcentre.com
Tue Apr 29 01:48:56 EDT 2003

Hi -

I recently started  running RT 3.0.1 on a Redhat 7.3 system, with mysql
and modperl1.  Everything worked, except for changing passwords.

When I try to change any password through the Web UI, the password gets
set to some unknown constant value.  In the Users table, I can see that
whatever the value I specify, I end up with the same MD5 hash.  The
initial default "password" for root worked, so it looks like the MD5 stuff
does work, only the values I specify while changing passwords are getting
lost somewhere.

I tried looking through the code, but have been unsuccessful so far.  Any
pointers on this would be greatly appreciated.  For now, I am using a
small perl script which updates the "Password" column in the Users table
directly to set the passwords.

Anwar.