[rt-users] Disappearing unprivileged users: rt 3.0.4, Redhat 9, new install

Brett Thorson bthorson at foretec.com
Fri Aug 1 09:18:45 EDT 2003

I just performed a new install with RH 9, at rt 3.0.4.  I got the system up
and functional, and I started to add users, but they didn't show up.

I am logged in as root, and I add a user.  If I try to add the user again, it
is disallowed because the user is in the system.  Checking the Users table in
he database, the user is indeed there.

If I make a new user, and click the "Let this user be granted rights"
everything is ok.  As soon as I unclick this box, the user disappears from
the display.

The only way I can get them back is to type in the URL with the users number
in it.  Here is the display I get on the Select users page.

 Privileged users:

    * bt
    * ml
    * root
    * sw

Find people whose
Include disabled users in search.

So I take away the privileges from bt.  I do a select users, and the user is
no longer listed.

Then I click on the box:  Include disabled users in search.
and hit go.  Just as it says in the directions.

I get the above list, however bt is not listed.

I tried looking for some debug stuff to see if it is a query problem, a
display problem.  I dunno.  But I tried it with Mozilla 1.2.1 and Internet
Explorer.  I am running on a Mysql database.

The only thing that I can also add was that I had to force Module::Build to
install because of 2 failures in a test that I could not resolve.

Thanks much for any assistance.

Cheers!

--Brett