[rt-users] Creating related ticket fails (Approvals)

Markus Muessig mmuessig at multamedio.de
Mon Aug 4 03:31:40 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:06:36PM -0400, freebsd at coal.sentex.ca wrote:
> Thus spake Markus Muessig (mmuessig at multamedio.de) [01/08/03 07:13]:
> > > Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm
> >
> > i tried that also. does not work! still the same errormessage...
> >
> > any further ideas?
>
> I've just put it in, using all the information from this thread, and while I
> *do* get a ticket that's created, I *don't* see it in the queue listing.
>
> i.e. We have queue 'Wants', and queue 'Approvals'.  I can create the ticket
> in Wants, and it /will/ create the ticket in Approvals (I can see this in
> the logs).
Not in my case. Automatical ticket creation in queue `approvals` does
not work. I can see this in the logs, i can`t find a ticket with type
`approval` in the tickets table of rt3's database and i also cannot
see the approval in approval-section of webinterface...

> If I go 'Home', I the ticket listing for Approvals shows 0 tickets.  As does
> a search for the queue (and no other restrictions).  However, if I open up
> the original Wants ticket, I can go to the corresponding ticket via the
> Links section.

Of course i read the FAQ. But, i am in trouble with rt3 and approvals
are new to rt3. This FAQ is rt2-related...

I suspect template content:

===Create-Ticket: approval_needed
         Owner: root
	 Queue: approvals
	  Type: Approval
Depended-On-By: TOP

       Content: This ticket was created automatically for approval
	        purpose...
		Please check your approvals for a smooth workflow...

		RT-SYSTEM

ENDOFCONTENT

that's it. The error-message i get is:
[error]: OWNER: `` - QUEUE: `` - ID: `0` - Couldn't create a related
ticket for 428 Could not create ticket. Queue not set
(/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Action/CreateTickets.pm:443)

The OWNER, QUEUE and ID output is manually added in CreateTickets.pm
to check whether parameters are transferred correctly. But obviously
they didn't, cause they are empty!

So, do i have an error in my template-content?

Please help.

Greetings and thanks in advance, Markus Muessig

Markus Muessig                     MULTA MEDIO Informationssysteme AG
					       Mergentheimer Str. 76a
                                                      97082 Wuerzburg
mailto:mmuessig at multamedio.de                Tel: +49 (0)931 79717-18
http://www.multamedio.de                     Fax: +49 (0)931 79717-30