[rt-users] RT and Spam

Chris Fewtrell chris at uk.clara.net
Mon Aug 4 07:16:56 EDT 2003

Hi,

Have setup RT3.0.2 a while ago and been using it since quite happily
within my own department. We're now proceeding to roll out usage of the
RT system into other departments with additional queues.

We have a large influx of spam on some of these mail accounts and I
gather we won't be alone in this.

I wondered if anyone would be willing to detail how they handle spam
with RT mailboxes, either if its generally considered better for an
external filter or use things like the integrated SpamAssassin hooks.

One issue that is tending to make us think about external is that every
spam that does arrive and get into RT, even if we set to auto delete
will still get put into the database, as I believe RT doesn't remove
tickets from the DB, just mark them as deleted. This means the spam
still starts to push the size of the database up, which I'd like to
avoid.

Links into the mailing list would also be appreciated if people would
prefer to supply those as I'm guessing I'm repeating an issue here, but
as of yet I'm still trawling through entries to find information.

--
Best Regards,
Chris Fewtrell
Systems Developer, ClaraNet UK       Email: chris at uk.clara.net