[rt-users] Not automatic e-mail user creation

Michael van Elst mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
Tue Aug 5 11:04:42 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003, Francesca Del Corso wrote:

> is it possible NOT to create new user when someone submits a new ticket
> via e-mail?  We want to accept requests from everybody but without new
> user creation , for example using only one registered user.

Each ticket has a requestor, so either you already have an user entry
for that requestor or you need to create a new one.

What you may want to do is to map all unknown users to a role account.
This role account then becomes the requestor. Of course you can
no longer distinguish between different "unknown users", in particular
you cannot keep their different mail addresses so that you have to find
some other method to communicate with them.

Greetings,
--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        mlelstv at dev.de.cw.net
  :WWMWMw=--.          "W='  cable & wireless
   9WWMm==-.
    "-Wmw-"  CABLE & WIRELESS