[rt-users] auto-incremented user id is incrementing wildly

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Thu Aug 7 11:00:44 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Sean Perry wrote:
>fair enough.  Can you please explain why the group number is so high
>when we have 2 groups: it.admin and staff?

If I remember correctly, a group is any unique set of principals, and thus
whenever you have a set of principals you need a new unique group.  Thus for
each ticket you have at least 4 new groups created: the Requestor group, the
CC group, the AdminCC group and, er, something else that eludes me right
now.  So, your number of groups is going to be at least 4 times the number
of tickets.

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg