[rt-users] Change "Stalled" to "Cust-Pending"

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 7 13:37:37 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:46:47AM -0700, Sean Perry wrote:
> Daryl G. Jurbala wrote:
>
> >Yes, I know its very Cisco-ish of me, but I'd like to know if I can
> >change the "stalled" tag to "Cust-Pending" without major changes.
> >
> >Anyone know if this is possible?
> >

> it is VERY difficult to change the status text.  The text is hard coded
> in every web page and in the perl library.   Same problem with adding
> new status states.

While we don't recommend changing the status system, that's just not true.
A simple grep will show you that asside from the localization framework, the string
"stalled" shows up four places in all of RT's source code. The results
of that grep should show you where you would want to alter things to add
or change a status.