[rt-users] Cleaning up 1.0.7 database before migration to 3.0.4

Alex Soares de Moura alex at rnp.br
Thu Aug 7 15:53:11 EDT 2003

Hello,

I need to cleanup a RT 1.0.7 database before migrating to RT 3.0.4
and need tips to filter out the unwanted queues and tickets opened
by spam.

What would happen if I run the "import-1.0-to-2.0" script after deleting
the unwanted "queue_id" records from the "queues" table?  It'll ignore
the tickets (and the transactions) referring to those deleted queue_ids
or break? And what would be the simplest way to erase the "spam
tickets" before running the script?

I'm asking all this because:

1) my dept. is about to run it's own RT and don't need data of other depts.
   queues
2) the fist trials of migration took much more than 72h in a Dell 1650
(P3 1.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 100MB SCSI-3 HDDs) and we cancelled the
migration before finishing.
3) The RT 1.0.7 db has a little bit less than 25.000 tickets and we really
need a to keep our dept. queues' tickets.

I appreciate your help,

Alex