[rt-users] Auto take CC from email to Ticket

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Mon Aug 11 09:43:43 EDT 2003

Asif Iqbal wrote:

> Hi All
>
> If a requestor sends an email with cc header, is there a way that can
> automatically be added as CC or Admin CC into the ticket ?
>
> In other words it would be nice if it works like email. When someone sends an
> email you can use reply-all and that automatically adds the cc
>
> Currently we manually add the email addresses from the cc header to the CC of a
> ticket.

There is a variable in the RT config:

# If $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs is true, RT will attempt to divine
# Ticket 'Cc' watchers from the To and Cc lines of incoming messages
# Be forewarned that if you have _any_ addresses which forward mail to
# RT automatically and you enable this option without modifying
# "RTAddressRegexp" below, you will get yourself into a heap of trouble.

Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , 1);