[rt-users] ./lib/RT/EmailParser_Local.pm

John Jasen jjasen at datafoundation.com
Mon Aug 11 21:45:01 EDT 2003

Mr. James;
I'm cc'ing you as you were listed in the headers of EmailParser_Local.pm,
even though you (are|were) looking for the original creator.

rt-3.0.4. rh7.3, etc.

There was a problem in using this, logging in via the web interface to
create a new account. I've not narrowed it down completely, but if I have
a userid "john" and attempt to login via "john" and my ldap password, it
never gets anywhere. The email address search
	my $filter = "mail=".$UserInfo{'EmailAddress'};
never matches, and
	$filter = "mail=".$UserInfo{'RealName'};
might pick it up, but I still never get the rt screen.

Some accounts it works, others it doesn't, where username equals
firstname.

I've changed it to:
	my $filter = "uid=".$UserInfo{'EmailAddress'};

And I seem to have better success.

So, if anyone knows, what was the reasoning, and would it be worth it to
modify the search routines for uid, then email, then realname?

Thanks.