[rt-users] Confused with Apache 2.x and RT3

JChen at paymentone.com JChen at paymentone.com
Wed Aug 13 05:08:35 EDT 2003

I finally satisfied all dependencies and have the Apache running.   My setting on my Red hat  9 box  is Apache 2.x with Fastcgi and I'm wondering if I  need mod_perl1 or 2 installed?   Secondly, I do not believe the draft manual I have downloaded from BestPractical applies to my scenario.   What should I change or add to get it to work?   Below is the example Best Practical gave.

---------------------

Configuring Apache
1) First, you'll need to add a few lines to your httpd.conf telling it to use RT's web interface. If you have mod_perl
(you should, the Perl scripts will go quite a bit faster around with it), you can do something like this:
<VirtualHost your.ip.address>
ServerName your.rt.server.hostname
DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
# this line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Location />
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

Note: If you are running Apache 2, the recommended configuration directive is:
RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ http://myaddress.com$1/index.html
in your VirtualHost section

Jonathan Chen