[rt-users] Large # of tickets - internal server error?

Mike Dydyk dydykms at usadatanet.net
Fri Aug 15 11:36:01 EDT 2003

I didn't know that mod_perl built as a module worked properly, all of the
documentation seemed to indicate it didn't.  I intended to be using FastCGI
and it seems to work fine.  The only mod_perl stuff in my config is under
<IfDefine SSL>, an AddModule line for mod_perl..wouldn't I also need a
LoadModule line for it to actually work?  I didn't care to fix it really,
because I didn't want to use it anyways.  There very well could be a problem
with my apache config, I had a hard time finding info or examples using
FastCGI and NOT using a virtualhost.

So from what you have said, RT itself is using perl..so mod_perl is not
coming in to play at all.  Which leads me back to my original question, why
is perl sucking up 80% CPU and not able to maniuplate 50-100 tickets?

Apache config
-------------
<Directory "/usr/local/rt3/bin/">
        SetHandler fastcgi-script
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Options ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

FastCgiServer /usr/local/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

Alias /rt3 /usr/local/rt3/share/html/
<Directory "/usr/local/rt3/share/html/">
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Options ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all