[rt-users] More Install Problems

Don Weeks dweeks at spatialwireless.com
Fri Aug 15 18:53:42 EDT 2003

I kind of ignorant of Apache2 and that is what is running on the rest of my
site so I am stuck with it. I really don't know what Virtual_Hosts are
either and I'd be happy if someone can tell me how to eliminate them. I
really don't think that is what I want. I really want RT to show up under
another directory within my current web structure but if I can get virtual
hosts working that would be OK too. I am running Mandrake 9.1 and having a
tough time getting everything going. First error I get is from Mason which
claims there is no menu_item under Apache::Status. Whenever I try to go to
CPAN to install maybe a newer version of Apache::Status, it wants to
rebuild mod_perl and even with the sources mod_perl claims I need to use
Apache 1.3. Seems 2.0 is out. Since mod_perl is already built, I don't see
this as a requirement anyway. I may need a newer version of Apache::Status.
Any suggestions?

  [Fri Aug 15 15:43:54 2003] [error] [client 192.168.5.109] File does not
exist: /
var/www/html/favicon.ico
[Fri Aug 15 15:50:35 2003] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
[Fri Aug 15 15:50:46 2003] [error] Can't locate object method "menu_item"
via pa
ckage "Apache::Status" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandle
r.pm line 651.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 45.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 51.

[Fri Aug 15 15:50:46 2003] [error] Can't load Perl file: /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
for server rt3.spatialwireless.com:0, exiting...

Don Weeks
Sr Systems Administrator
Spatial Wireless, Inc
1651 N Glenville Suite 210
Richardson, Texas 75081
972-437-6250 Ext 155
Mobil: 214-734-5437

"This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential,
or privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto)
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original
and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto."