[rt-users] mysql privileges for rt_user

Rasmus Brøgger Rasmus.Brogger at uni-c.dk
Mon Aug 18 13:54:30 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 11:37:53AM -0500, Christian Gilmore wrote:
> It seems that our mysql database corrupted a bit when we lost power this
> past Thursday and the mysql privileges for the rt_user have been lost. Can
> someone send me a list of which mysql privileges the rt_user needs?
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
>
> ----------------------
> Christian Gilmore
> Technology Leader
> GeT Support Application Development
> IBM Software Group

In /path/to/rt/etc/ you have a acl.<dbname> which sets the rt_user
permissions. In the file:
	"GRANT SELECT,INSERT,CREATE,INDEX,UPDATE,DELETE ON
	${RT::DatabaseName}.* TO ${RT::DatabaseUser}
	\@${RT::DatabaseRTHost} IDENTIFIED BY
	'${RT::DatabasePassword}';");

But verify it against your own version of acl.<dbname>.

I would think this i the best way to recover it, since I don't know your
RT version. The statement I posted is for mysql and RT 3.0.4.

/rhb