[rt-users] Help for beginner

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Mon Aug 25 18:15:21 EDT 2003

Al,

I would like to help to improve the documentation, especially regarding
customization of RT.   I introduced RT to my research lab (and myself)
a week ago, and we are on the cusp of embracing/chucking it.  The
consensus is that RT is promising but kind of clunky, and I've received
many change requests for RT itself.

Mostly what I've done so far is just to tweak some of the HTML and go
into the database to fix up ordering and descriptions of custom fields,
but I'd like to do more.

I also don't know that much about mason, but at least we have this:
http://www.masonbook.com/book/

If you get into customization, I'm guessing it would be helpful to use
Aegis, which I know nothing about.  At the moment, what I've done is
import the installed rt3 tree into a cvs repository.  That way, when
3.0.5 comes out, I will be able to relatively easily merge my changes
into the new release.

-Kevin