[rt-users] rt3 on redhat 9

Adams, Gavin gadams at promisant.com
Tue Aug 26 09:10:42 EDT 2003

> From: Mick Szucs [mailto:mick at onramp.ca]
>
> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 06:42, Malek Shabou wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >  I am tring to install rt 3.0.5pre3 on a redhat 9 box.
> >  i seemes that Mason support only mod_perl 1 (apache 1) and even if
i'll
> use it with fastcgi it need always Apache::Request (witch support only
> mod_perl 1) and Apache::Filter.
> >
> >  are there any one who has succeded in using RT on redhat 9 ?
> >  is the only way to run it on redhat 9 is to install apache 1 ???
>
> I'm running RT 3.0.4 under Redhat 9 with the stock Apache supplied by
> Redhat and a rebuilt mod_perl from the Rawhide sources - seems to work
> okay, except for the Storable.pm issue.
>
> Since the Storable.pm problem seems to be related to the innards of
Perl
> itself, I'm not sure if you'll be able to escape it by using
> Apache/mod_perl 1.

Is the Storable.pm fixed in perl 5.8.1rc4 (rawhide)? I'm about to try
the process of upgrading perl to 5.8.1, mod_perl, httpd, etc to get
around this problem.

What is the recommended underlying O/S, perl, Apache, mysqld, and other
package base? I'd really like to build up an RT server that is stable,
accepts attachments, and can be integrated with our existing
infrastructure (RedHat). Oh, and use postfix and PAM-LDAP for user
authentication too. :)

> Note, as well, that Redhat 9 ships MySQL 3.23.56 instead of 4.x.  You
> might want to upgrade to the 4 series before you get too far into the
> implementation.

Does RT make use of MySQL 4.x features?

Cheers,

--- Gavin