[rt-users] rt3 on redhat 9

Benjamin Reed ben at oculan.com
Tue Aug 26 10:08:40 EDT 2003

Malek Shabou wrote:
>  Hi,
>  whait is exactly the Storeble probleme ? is it fatal ?

For me, at least, with the combination of apache2 + perl 5.8 + mod_perl2
+ RT3 on RH9 exhibits random exceptions in Storable.xs.  It almost acts
like a threading issue, since it doesn't happen all the time (if you
keep trying, eventually the page you want to get to works).

This makes sense if the NPTL threads that RH backported to their 2.4
kernels is confusing things, but I'm not certain that's the cause.

All I know is I've given up on having a stable RT system using the
default stuff that comes with RH9 or any newer variation from rawhide.