[rt-users] critical bug rt-3-0-5pre4: silently ignoring incoming mail

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 27 02:52:06 EDT 2003

Hallo Jesse,

--Am Dienstag, 26. August 2003 14:55 Uhr -0400 schrieb Jesse Vincent
<jesse at bestpractical.com>:

> Dirk, did a "make regression" pass for you? Can you give some more
> details of your configuration, so that I can attempt to duplicate the
> problem here?

I just do. I have

> ok 501 - Opened the mailgate -
> An Error Occurred
> =================
>
> 403 Forbidden
> ok 502
> ok 503 - found ticket 16
> not ok 504 - Created the ticket
>#     Failed test (bin/rt-mailgate at line 55)
> ok 505 - Opened the mailgate -
> An Error Occurred
>
> 403 Forbidden
> ok 506 - found ticket 16
> ok 507 - failed to create the new ticket from an unprivileged account

so there is something with permissions on executing mail-gate. Indeed the
permissions in rt3/bin are not adjusted correctly, but fixing manually did
not help either.

I wanted to tell you first, while I dig more into the problem.

Regards,
Dirk.