[rt-users] rt 3.0.5 is nice (Was Re: critical bug rt-3-0-5pre4)

Benjamin Reed ben at oculan.com
Thu Aug 28 09:50:56 EDT 2003

Gordon Smith wrote:
> Cheers Jesse,
>
> Its easy enough to get around - helpdesk shouldn't be deleting unless
> its spam. They were being a bit lazy there....
>
> Overall, we're really impressed with this build. Speed is comparable to
> 2.x, and the features are great.

I'll second that.  I spent a week fighting with redhat 9 to get the
thing to work, and it turns out there's all kinds of crazy system stuff
you need to do to make things happy, and I just didn't feel comfortable
doing it on a production machine.

Instead, I installed debian on the system a few days ago, grabbed the
request-tracker3 source package, applied it to our internal vendor
branch (which has our configuration changes and cosmetic changes already
set up) and built a deb and had 3.0.5 up and running and cut over from
the old system last evening.

The new setup is running very smoothly and just as fast, if not faster,
than the previous rt2 installation.

Thanks for a great tool, Jesse!