[rt-users] Upgrading RT from v2.0.15 to v3.0.4

Aleš Sušnik alesh at sportina.si
Thu Aug 28 14:37:05 EDT 2003

Stevo,

there is a rt2-to-rt3 tool available (www.fsck.com), which exports all the
data from RT2, and then imports it into RT3.
This is a 2 way step, which can take a long time to complete!
Download the rt3 package and read the README file carefuly.
RT3's requirements is something which is worth reading.

Also depending on your system (users and tickets) I recommend you first try
to install RT3 on a non-production server.

Also, go with 3.0.5pre3 not 3.04 because 3.0.5pre3 (not pre4, because it has
some issues that still need to be resolved) has some speed issues resolved!

Regards,
Aleš