[rt-users] Re: lost emails! misconfiguration didn't cause bounces...

seph seph at directionless.org
Fri Aug 29 08:56:49 EDT 2003

>> I would have expected the messages to have been bounced. I am trying
>> to understand why they weren't bounced.
>>
>> We're using qmail on freebsd. The mechanism for delivery to RT is
>> via the file /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-support which contains the
>> following command:
>>
>> |/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
>> support --action correspond

poking very briefly, it looks like the rt2 rt-mailgate returns an exit
status of 0, despite the non-existant queue. This is probably a bug,
but I haven't dug down to see what's exiting.

Also, when I call rt-mailgate from the command line, and feed it bad
data, my rt admin mailing address get's the bounce. Did you check there?

seph