[rt-users] help with cfg rt3/apache2

Steven Casey spc_123 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 18:13:07 EDT 2003

forgive my 'newbie-ness'....I managed to install everything, have everything loaded, apache running.

If I specify the url as http://servername/, I'll get the apache page where the links work, etc...so I know Apache is ok.  I created a symbolic link in the /var/www/html/ dir which accesses the /opt/rt3/share/html/index.html, since I couldn't access rt3 from anywhere (following the documentation).

Now, if I specify http://servername/index.html, I get the following test displayed:
%# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK %# %# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent %# %# (Except where explictly superceded by other copyright notices) %# %# This work is made available to you under the terms of Version 2 of %# the GNU General Public License. A copy of that license should have %# been provided with this software, but in any event can be snarfed %# from www.gnu.org. %# %# This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but %# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of %# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU %# General Public License for more details. %# %# Unless otherwise specified, all modifications, corrections or %# extensions to this work which alter its source code become the %# property of Best Practical Solutions, LLC when submitted for %# inclusion in the work. %# %# %# END LICENSE BLOCK <& /Elements/Header, Title=>loc("RT at a glance"), Refresh => $session{'home_refresh_interval'} &> <& /Elements/Tabs, current_toptab
 => '', Title=>loc("RT at a glance") &> <& /Elements/MyTickets &>
<& /Elements/MyRequests &>

the button is also visible, but not functional.

What am I missing, or doing wrong?  Do I need to fall back to mod_perl1 and Apache 1.x?

Thanks in advance.  (*hope this time my request makes it to the list as I AM a member)

Regards,

Steven Casey
Oldsmar, Florida
813-818-8097