[rt-users] Problems with attachments and Lotus Notes

Maxime Henrion mux at qualigaz.com
Tue Dec 2 03:55:48 EST 2003

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 04:06:46PM +0100, Maxime Henrion wrote:
> >     Hello all,
> >

> > I'm having some problems with attachments and Request Tracker 3.0.6.
When
> > one sends an e-mail to the RT address with Lotus Notes and an
attachment,
> > the attachment is lost, as well as the body of the e-mail (which is
> > obviously even more annoying).  The ticket that gets opened only retains
the
> > subject of the e-mail as well as the headers.  The raw e-mail looks like
> > this :
>
> 1. The email isn't dropped. It's just not displayed by RT. (There's a
> download link for it to the right).

Indeed, I missed that previously.

> 2. The actual problem is that RT wasn't set up to decode UUEncoded
> attachments. This was a one-line fix to the EmailParser.pm class to
> instruct MIME::Entity to do the right thing. The change will be
> committed to the repository as soon as the test suite finishes running
> and will be available in 3.0.8.  FWIW, newer versions of Notes are
> reported to deal much better with RT and the rest of the world.

I grabbed the diff and applied it to my version, ie I added the line below :

$parser->extract_uuencode(1);

in the EmailParser.pm file and restarted the apache server but it didn't
solve my problem.  Does this change depends on other changes that I may not
have yet ?  I'm using RT 3.0.6.

Thanks for your help,
Maxime