[rt-users] How to run multiple instances of RT on a single instance of Apache

Mike R. Prevost mprevost at gradkell.com
Tue Dec 2 10:09:13 EST 2003

I'm an RT newbie and definitely not an Apache guru.  I want to run multiple
RTs: one for testing and another for production.  I'm trying to use name
based virtual hosts in httpd.conf to do this, but I get the following error:

  Subroutine handler redefined at /var/lib/rt3/instance2/bin/webmux.pl line
122.

I'm using apache 1.3.29, mod_perl 1.29 (statically linked), and RT 3.0.6 on
RedHat Linux 9 (stock 2.4.20-6smp kernel).  The Perl is stock from RedHat,
but I built apache and mod_perl.

Here's the virtual host stuff from my httpd.conf.  Perhaps there is a
better/different way to do this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--- snip snip ---
[...]
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName real_name.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName alias1.domain.com
  DocumentRoot /var/lib/rt3/instance1/share/html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  PerlModule Apache::DBI
  PerlRequire /var/lib/rt3/instance1/bin/webmux.pl
  <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName alias2.domain.com
  DocumentRoot /var/lib/rt3/instance2/share/html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  PerlModule Apache::DBI
  PerlRequire /var/lib/rt3/instance2/bin/webmux.pl
  <Location />
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
  </Location>