[rt-users] Showing tickets to nobody

Koos van den Hout koos at kzdoos.xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 2 10:39:53 EST 2003

I am very new to RT but have it up and running for standard work. Queues
work, creating tickets based on mail works.

But.. I want to create a public view of tickets so people can see what
the helpdesk does on their (and other people's) requests.

Creating a public overview works, when I use

my $user = new RT::CurrentUser('Nobody');
my $queue = new RT::Queue($user);
my $cnt;
$queue->Load('helpdesk');
unless ($queue->Id) {
    Abort("Queue not found");
}

and then iterate over RT::Tickets($user) I get an overview as wanted.

but, displaying a single ticket does not work

my $user = new RT::CurrentUser('Nobody');
$Ticket=LoadTicket($id);
my $subject=$Ticket->Subject;

will leave me 'emptyhanded' as in subject is not set (where it was set in
the first script).

I have given the unprivileged user 'CreateTicket', 'SeeQueue',
'ShowTicket' and 'ShowTicketComments' rights. When I remove 'ShowTicket'
I don't see the subject anymore in the overview, so that link between
right and result works.

I am going from 'basic use' way into the deep end, but I'd like this to
work.

                                         Koos

--
Koos van den Hout,           PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
koos at kzdoos.xs4all.nl        or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263                        -?)