[rt-users] configuration questions (WebimagesURL, field placement)

John Schubert jschubert at linearcorp.com
Tue Dec 2 11:07:08 EST 2003

I appreciate the help I've gotten here in the past.  I have looked
through the docs, archive and recent posts and have a few questions.

When I update something in the RT_SiteConfig, do I leave the "1" on a
line by itself at the end?  If so, do the config changes stay, or does
this prompt a script to change RT_Config and leave SiteConfig with only
a "1" again (in other words, its clean again, ready for the next
change).

I'm trying to fix a broken img in the header, so I'm specifically trying
to update the fields related to it.  Would this be just updating
WebImagesURL in SiteConfig?

A great deal of the fields are unused or in an awkward order for our
use.  Again, I've looked through the docs and archive but haven't seen
anything that would indicate you can customize the viewing of tickets.
Simply put, we only want maybe 7 or 8 of the fields (name, date, time
open, comments and one or two more).  I have worked with Remedy and
Clarify, so it would be cool if future RT versions allowed a more
customizable GUI (assuming it doesn't already).

John