[rt-users] configuration questions (WebimagesURL, field placement)

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Dec 2 19:16:05 EST 2003

> A great deal of the fields are unused or in an awkward order for our
> use.  Again, I've looked through the docs and archive but haven't seen
> anything that would indicate you can customize the viewing of tickets.
> Simply put, we only want maybe 7 or 8 of the fields (name, date, time
> open, comments and one or two more).  I have worked with Remedy and
> Clarify, so it would be cool if future RT versions allowed a more
> customizable GUI (assuming it doesn't already).

Well, it's fairly easy for local programmers to customize RT's user
interface, but end-user customizable UI is something that we're
interested in doing, though our priorities definitely lean toward "what
customers are interested in funding."

A couple of questions:

How important is browser-based UI development to you? How important is
s _graphical_ browser-based UI development to you?

	Best,
	Jesse