[rt-users] is the "first.m.last at foo.com" bug fixed in RT3?

Mike Jackson mjj at isorauta.ntc.nokia.com
Wed Dec 3 02:11:16 EST 2003

ext Jesse Vincent (jesse at bestpractical.com) wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 04:12:50PM +0200, Mike Jackson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  I currently have RT2 and now that some users email addresses have
> > started to include a middle initial, e.g. first.m.last at foo.com, RT
> > bounces the messages with an error:
> >
> > "No permission to create tickets in queue foo"
> >
> >  Is this fixed in RT3? If not, then which file do I need to hack to fix
> > it? rt-mailgate?
>
> That sounds like poorly configured permissions on your RT instance, not
> really a bug in RT.

Hi,
 Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. I have hundreds of tickets
that have been created by random people since I installed RT2.

People with email addresses such as:

somebody at bar.com
first.last at bar.com

are able to create tickets.

People with email addresses such as:

first.m.last at bar.com
     ^^^
are not able to create tickets. Also, RT2 refuses to allow this type of
email address when creating an account from the web interface, e.g. for
support people. Something inside of RT2 refuses to allow more than one
dot before the @ in an email address.

 There is no other way to describe it than as a bug. I had been putting
off upgrading to RT3 to give it some time to mature. I think that it's
been in use for long enough now, and if this "bug" has been fixed then
that's a good reason for me to upgrade. If it has not been fixed, then I
don't want to go through the pain of upgrading when nothing else is
broken... I can just dig into the code and fix it myself, but the patch
won't be against RT3 :-(.

 Other than this one complaint, thanks for a really great system. It is
truly a lifesaver :-)

BR,
--
mike