[rt-users] interesting display of search results

Mike Frazer Michael.Frazer at InterCept.Net
Wed Dec 3 09:31:48 EST 2003

I have the same problem with "deleted" tickets and I've had a number of
users asking about this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Niels Peen [mailto:niels.peen at int.greenpeace.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 8:33 AM
To: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
Subject: [rt-users] interesting display of search results

Hi All,

I click "New Search", select a random queue and tell it to show me every
ticket that "isnt resolved".

Then I hit the "Search" button. The resulting page says "Found 5,828
tickets", or any other number which is likely to be correct. The page
however shows no, or too few results (<50). When I then start browsing
using the "Next page" button I encounter many empty and/or only partly
filled pages. All the results are there, but scattered over too many pages.

The above example uses "isnt resolved" but it happens in many other
cases as well. The queues where this is most obvious have a lot of
deleted tickets. Perhaps these need to be cleaned up..(if so, how?)..or
they should be exluded from the search (as they aren't displayed
anyway).. or they should simply be displayed.. or perhaps it's not
related at all. In any case it's either a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions are appreciated! :)

Thanks,

--
-- Niels Peen