[rt-users] RT3 on SuSE 9

Jorey Bump list+rt at joreybump.com
Mon Dec 8 11:49:40 EST 2003

Gary Holmes wrote:

> I've had to recompile Apache 1.3 and mod_perl - to avoid using the latter as
> a DSO. The only obvious problem I've having is with Apache::Request -
> libapreq 1.3 compiles but no tests run. 1.2 compiles, but fails all tests.
> Needless to say, RT does not start.

You need to run the tests as an unprivileged user, then do "make
install" as root. If you want to take your chances, force the install. I
prefer to run the tests, myself, especially if apache was compiled from
source.

The last time I installed HTML::Mason the tests always failed, due to a
change in a dependency. I forced the install on that, and haven't had
any problems (it was the last module I needed for RT).