[rt-users] Custom scripts based on the email body

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 16:08:21 EST 2003

Not sure how others would handle it, but I'd use
(again) my perl filter.
Basically my filter replaces the rt aliases in
/etc/aliases with something like:

general: "|/home/gman/scripts/filter.pl"

Then within filter.pl I search for certain content.
If I think it's spam, I just drop it.  If, in your
example, I see certain keywords in the body, I could
just pass it to a queue with a particular action:

open (PIPE, "|/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general
--action resolve");
print PIPE @message;
close PIPE;

If you'd like a copy of the filter, let me know and
I'll send you a copy.

--- Miles Scruggs <midgard at garnetws.com> wrote:
> How would I perform custom actions, such as
> resolving, changing ownership,
> etc of a ticket, based on the content of a ticket
> and the user?
>
> Basically I want to be able to change the status of
> a ticket or the owner
> from my mail program, without having to login to the
> web interface.
>
> I would like to just put some obcure code into the
> base, and have it check
> me against the user database, to make sure I was
> allowed to do it
> (status=resolved) (owner=newowner)
>
> How would I go about doing this?
>
> Miles Scruggs

> Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at
http://fsck.com/rtfm

=====
"I'm the Commander, see ... I do not need to explain why I say things.  That's the interesting thing about being the President ... [I] don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."  -- President George W. Bush to the National Security Council