[rt-users] Configuring Apache for RT

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Tue Dec 9 06:17:53 EST 2003

Ritu Khetan wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>>    I am trying to configure Apache for RT with the following VirtualHost
>> entry:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:5000>
>>     ServerName 192.168.2.60
>>     DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
>>     ErrorLog logs/rt-error.log
>>     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>>     PerlModule Apache::DBI
>>     PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>>
>>     <Location />
>>         SetHandler perl-script
>>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
>>     </Location>
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> Further I also have, DirectoryIndex index.html enabled. But yet, I am
>> not able to access RT front end without specifying index.html in the
>> URL.
>>
>> I am using Apache 2.0.8. Any help on DirectoryIndex would be of great
>> help.

DirectoryIndex doesn't seem to function in SetHandler perl-script
directories.
I don't know enough about Apache internals to know if there is a more
elegant solution, but this is what I am using:

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
  <Files *.html>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
  </Files>
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Attachment>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/REST>