[rt-users] Last ditch attempt

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Tue Dec 9 11:50:41 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 08:46:36AM -0800, Niedens, Travis wrote:
> I'm still having issues with RT 3.0.4 for Windows not sending/receiving
> email.  Does anyone on this list use the Windows port of 3.0.x and have
> email in/out running successfully?  If so, please let me know so I may ask a
> few questions.

Sending email really should work just fine, as per RT 3.0.7-win32.

    http://p4.elixus.org/dist/ is the usual place to download builds.

You may need to set up SMTP gateways correctly in the global setting:

    http://localhost:8284/Edit/Global/

Receiving email requires some sort of gateway; I have a half-finished
pop3gate script in rt/bin/rt-pop3gate.in and people are welcome to pick
it up and work on it.

It is not polished simply because I don't have enough time, and no-one
is paying for that particular feature. :-)

Thanks,
/Autrijus/