[rt-users] RT on Windows

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Tue Dec 9 12:27:39 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 06:17:20PM +0100, Robert Grasso wrote:
> I am currently running RT2 on RedHat. Everything ok. Now people ask me to
> install it on Windows :-(. I peformed a test install using rt-3.0.4.exe.

Please use 3.0.7, not 3.0.4.  I wonder where did everybody get the
3.0.4 link?  The latest installers are always available on:

    http://p4.elixus.org/dist/

> What about the mailgate ?

The mailgate does not currently work.  There is a half-finished pop3gate
that I'd be happy if somebody can make it work.

> Do I need a local SMTP server ?

Any SMTP server will do, as long as you give RT the correct SMTPServer
and SMTPFrom parameters during setup time.

> How will RT exchange (send and *receive*) emails on Windows ? What if
> the SMTP server runs on Windows ? Any hints ?

If Exchange is configured to accept SMTP, my experience is that it
just works.  No idea about other servers, though.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/