[rt-users] latin <-> utf problem in rt-mailgate

Jari Lehtonen jari at utu.fi
Tue Dec 9 16:39:03 EST 2003

On tiistai 9. joulukuu 2003 13:07 +0200 Jari Lehtonen <jari at utu.fi> wrote:

> I'm not Palle, but I can reproduce this issue with the latest 3.0.8pre2
> from your site. I'll send you an email that reproduces the case.

I'll have to take back this statement. I can't reproduce the problem
reliably with 3.0.8pre2.

However, I had, during the tests earlier today, two cases of corrupted
characters with this version. First was an email sent as a new ticket to RT
from iPlanet Messenger Express (their webmail), and the other was a reply
from Pine to a case opened earlier. Later tests from iPlanet Messenger
Express, even a mail exactly like the earlier, corrupted one, went through
without problems.

So far, so good. Thanks for the effort to fix this, Jesse, it means a lot
to us Northern Europeans! Could you describe what exactly was the problem,
as I don't see much that (IMHO) relates to this in the ChangeLog?

--

        Jari Lehtonen
        Unix & Network Services