[rt-users] Using + with MTA

Jorey Bump list+rt at joreybump.com
Tue Dec 9 18:56:38 EST 2003

MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us wrote:

> Ok...So I have figured out that I can use:
>
> rt+queue at yadayadayada.com
>
> and the MTA will figure that out, but what do I do to tell rt-mailgate
> that the text after the + is the name of the queue?

In .procmailrc (watch the wrap, the piped statement is one line):

:0
* ^TO.*rt+queue at yadayadayada.com
|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue "queue" --action correspond --url
http://support.yadayadayada.com/

In /etc/aliases (for sendmail, on one line):

rt+queue:	"|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue queue --action correspond
--url http://support.yadayadayada.com/"

Adapt this to the subtleties of your environment.