[rt-users] cannot bookmark searches on relative comparisons?

Jason Taylor jtaylor at bastyr.edu
Tue Dec 9 21:34:30 EST 2003

>> Tim Pierce wrote:
>>
>> Hi, folks --
>>
>> I am using RT 3.0.2 and am having trouble bookmarking searches that
>> involve relative comparisons.  For example:
>>
>>   * I search for tickets where "owner = joe" and "priority < 100"
>>   * Bookmark this search.
>>   * Search for tickets where "owner = fred", but don't bookmark it.
>>   * Open a new browser window.
>>   * Visit the bookmarked search.
>>
>> The bookmarked search should show me Joe's tickets with priority less
>> than 100, but instead it shows me Fred's tickets -- it returns the
>> currently cached search rather than the one frozen in my bookmark.
>>
>> Has anyone seen behavior like this?  I was not able to find any
>> similar problem reports in the rt-users archive or elsewhere on
>> Google, and nothing in the release notes to suggest that this behavior
>> had been noted and fixed.
>>
>> -- Tim Pierce
>> twp at unchi.org
>>
>> Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm
>
> Jason Taylor wrote:
>
> Yes, I'm seeing more or less the same thing.  I think it may have
> something to do with length of the URL.
>
> I'm running RT 3.0.7 on FreeBSD 4.8 and using Firebird 0.7.

Forgive me for 1) top posting last time and, 2) replying to myself.

I've been struggling with this for hours now and haven't gotten very
far.  I can tell that the entire HTTP request is making it to Apache
from my httpd-access.log. I've also tested that the OS can handle
environment variable sizes up to 4k.

Here are a couple more spec's:
Apache 2.0.48
mod_fastcgi 2.4.0

My suspicions are still leaning toward a URL length issue.  Maybe
getting truncated in Mason or some other perl module.  I know nothing
about Mason.  I've also considered the possibility that it might be a
caching issue with FastCGI of which I also know nothing.  I did spend
some time looking at some FastCGI docs, but I didn't find anything
useful.  Is anyone else either definitely seeing or *not* seeing this
behavior?  Any pointers on where to look next or FMs to R will be
greatly appreciated.