[rt-users] MX Record

MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us
Wed Dec 10 13:28:31 EST 2003

Ok...I need one more piece of the puzzle here.

We have our regular old mail servers that handle all of the mail for or
organization. I want to use the mail features of RT by using it as a
subdomain. If our mail comes into:
mail.mydomain.com
and I want to set up:
rt.mydomain.com
as our mail server for RT only, do I need to have an MX record in our DNS
for that to work? I realize then that the email addresses would then be
helpdesk at rt.mydomain.com, but that is fine. I mainly need to know if the
MX record is going to be required because I will need to make sure that it
does not cause problems with our existing mail.

Thanks for the help everyone!!!