[rt-users] reference symbol not found error ( new installation )

AJ rt at musefoundry.com
Wed Dec 10 21:35:57 EST 2003

I just ran into this problem with DBD::Mysql and PHP on Solaris 9.

I was trying to compile these against the Mysql 4.0.x client that came with
the binary installation.

I had to actually compile a client from scratch and the errors went away.

I used the following config options to build the client.  I put the client
in a different directory since I didn't want to muck with the binary
installation.
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql_client --without-server
--enable-thread-safe-client

Then compiled php and the dbd::mysql making sure that
/usr/local/mysql_client/bin/mysql_config was in the path before
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config (to make sure that they referenced the new
client as opposed to the binary installed one.

Perhaps this will help.

A.J.