[rt-users] Template manual?

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Wed Dec 10 22:16:08 EST 2003

At 09:53 AM 12/10/2003, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
>3) Related to (2), is it possible to use the name of the queue instead of
>the queue number in the Subject line?  I'd love to tell customers to post
>their issues with a subject line [xmlteam.com FeedFetcher]

That's not the queue number in the subject. It's the ticket number. You
need that there for replies to be associated properly. There has been lots
of discussion on this list about substituting the queue name for the RT
instance name.

>Another small problem I found with the current
>(PDF) manual is that it describes what it means to Own Ticket, but not
>how this might differ from Take Ticket.

Take Ticket allows you to assign a ticket to yourself. You need Own Ticket
in order to Take Ticket but you don't need Take Ticket to Own Ticket. As
long as someone has rights to assign tickets and you have Own Ticket, you
can still be an owner.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"